Solution Architect - Retail
Job no: 504726
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
- Shape the customer experience transformation portfolio
- Progress the Retail, POS and Online patterns as part of the Architecture team
- Close to Public Transport; Immediate Start; Great Team Culture, Attractive salary
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, we have been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
If you like to work in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment, the Harvey Norman IT Architecture Team could be the place for you. Due to a growing portfolio of work we have an immediate need for a business focused Solution Architect who can work across a broad range of Retail technology and business projects.
- 5+ years experience as a Solution Architect across multiple platforms.
- Strong commercial acumen and communication skills developed through solid experience working with senior stakeholders.
- Proven expertise in the development of solution architectures for complex systems across the architectural domains.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with people from technical, business and senior managerial backgrounds, including the ability to translate technical information into business language.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in project roles delivering great commercial outcomes.
- Proven expertise in applying solution architecture principles, practices and processes within enterprise architecture, IT investment and governance frameworks.
- Relevant work experience with the Retail, Online or FMCG industries.
About the position:
The successful applicant will be working in a dynamic, responsive IT environment supporting the Corporate Offices, as well as stores in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia. We are seeking a Solution Architect to join our highly skilled Architecture team to help plan, develop and deliver new Retail solutions.
- Provide thought leadership across multiple projects across applications, data and business architectural domains including coordination with internal staff and multiple external vendors.
- Guide the effective use of solutions and technologies in order to achieve business outcomes in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and design principles.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes
- Uphold the architectural governance principles and good implementation design for architectural deliverables.
- Develop and contribute to conceptual and detailed Design documents.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects, Application Development and Operations technical staff in developing resilient, robust and cost effective infrastructure designs.
- Coordinate with the Projects, Application Development and Online Teams to produce progressive designs reflecting the proposed solution and supporting services.
- Enhance the Enterprise Architecture repository through the capture and documentation of existing and new infrastructure standards, reference architectures and design patterns.
This opportunity will provide:
- Opportunity for career progression and development.
- Experience working with one of Australia's leading retailers, and
- A supportive and progressive team environment.
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, therefore you'll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self-motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you have a high customer service focus, excellent communication skills along with the drive and enthusiasm we are looking for, submitting your application could be the next step in your IT career.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all communications to Tina Clarisse on 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or become ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now