Commercial Finance Manager
Job no: 504921
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (HNHL) is an Australian publicly listed company that has 195 franchised complexes in Australia and 88 company-operated stores in overseas markets. Success and positive outcomes are our mandate - our results speak for themselves!
Team Harvey is a highly successful business that employs the best people. If you like to work in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment, our Finance and Accounting Team could be the place for you. Due to a growing portfolio of work we have a need for a business focused Commercial Finance Manager reporting directly to our Group Financial Controller (FC) based in Homebush West.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Assist the Group FC in preparation of the Annual Report, Appendix 4E, and Appendix 4D for submission to the CFO for review. Includes drafting of the above reports coupled with maintaining the reports in digital format.
- Attend Audit Committee Meetings to assist the Group FC in the presentation of Appendix 4E, Appendix 4D and the Annual Report
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Operating Model of the Company is adhered to.
- Create and update local policies and procedures for the Accounting Department to ensure that all key procedures are reviewed, updated and documented completely and accurately.
- Ensure that all Accounting policies and procedures are in line with the Operating Model of the Company.
- Assist the Group FC to review and update the Risk Register of the Accounting Department to ensure that financial and internal control risks are identified and the appropriate measures are in place to mitigate the risk.
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve reporting disclosures and enhance information, where required and appropriate.
- Work with team to grow skills base, ensuring cross training and support of all Accounting team members.
- Support the Group FC, Finance Managers & Department General Managers in the Corporate Office
- Work with Department General Managers on operational issues of the business and provide accounting guidelines/recommendations in accordance with accounting standards.
- Provide financial analysis, commentary and modelling as required to support operational issues and/or decisions.
- Continue to improve monthly reporting pack to cater for any changes in business direction and focus, expansion into new or overseas markets and accounting for offshore transactions.
- Support department General Managers in commercial aspects to assist with budget achievement.
- Financial analysis and modelling and review/preparation of NPV analysis and related business cases for IT-related projects
- Assist the Group FC and Tax & Treasury Manager in review of the tax effect accounting workpapers as at each balance date
- Assist with the accounting treatment of certain transactions for tax purposes.
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following:
- You will be degree qualified (in accounting, commerce or other relevant business degree)
- CPA or CA qualification with a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience.
- High level understanding of Company taxation principles
- Excellent knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and sound knowledge of International Accounting Standards applicable to overseas controlled entities.
- Excellent reporting writing and financial analytical skills and the ability to draft the relevant commentary for the Annual Report and Appendix 4D/4E, including but not limited to the Operating & Financial Review commentary.
- Ability to draft the required analysis and commentary for financial statement note disclosures.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Word for preparation and formatting of financial statements/reports including the management of changes/updates to the document.
- Previous experience in the preparation of Annual Reports or other ASX Reports (or equivalent) of publicly listed companies is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage and articulate accounting and reporting issues, findings and recommendations to Senior Management and the Board of Directors/Audit Committee.
- Strong overall report writing skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Ability to draft Appendix 4D, Appendix 4E and Annual Report
- Strong commercial awareness and business development focus
- An ability to work autonomously and as a team member
- Self motivated, ambitious and organised
This opportunity will provide:
- experience working with a highly successful, diverse and unique business operation
- a friendly, dynamic and supportive team environment that fosters growth and development
To be successful, you'll need to be at the top of your game, results orientated, self motivated and perform well under pressure.
If you are inspired and driven by the opportunity to join our highly successful team, please submit your written application for consideration.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Tina Clarisse via 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now