Senior Systems Engineer
Job no: 507676
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman. As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, we have been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
If you like to work in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment, the Harvey Norman IT Operations Team could be the place for you.
About the position:
The successful applicant will be working in a dynamic, responsive IT Operations environment supporting the Corporate Offices, as well as stores in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing, supporting and maintaining Windows Server environments.
- Assist in the resolution of medium to high complexity issues affecting Microsoft technologies, VMware, Messaging and Directory Services, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server 2008/2012, Enterprise Vault and Antivirus
- Providing a technical escalation point and direct the technical activities of the team with regards to incidents, problems, service requests and change requests, to a successful outcome.
- Assisting with the development of technology roadmaps and solution designs that align with product and technology releases.
- Analysing the faults raised with external vendors and recommend appropriate measures.
- Perform technical evaluations of new technology and products for the use in technical services.
To be successful, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP EA or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, deployment, operations, and lifecycle management of Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Outlook, Active Directory, Certificate Services, DNS/DHCP.
- Demonstrated practical application of the MS O365 suite, including migration from On Premise Exchange.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in distributed Microsoft Server environments supporting the Microsoft Suite of infrastructure products.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in VMware Management and support.
- Hands-on experience with server hardware products and peripherals (e.g. Storage, Proxies, Cloud Services, etc.).
- Understanding of Networking products & principles including Firewalls, Routing, Switching, etc.
- Advanced Scripting skills in PowerShell or similar.
- Specialist problem solving, analytical and investigation skills.
- Advanced technical writing and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in time management, building customer relationships, as well as leading and coaching technical staff, with
- Linux administration skills regarded favourably.
This opportunity will provide:
- Career progression and development.
- Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers, and
- A nurturing and supportive team environment.
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self-motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you have a high customer service focus, excellent communication skills along with the drive and enthusiasm we are looking for, submitting your application could be the next step in your IT career.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all communications to Tina Clarisse on 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or become ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now