Job no: 511029
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman. If you like to work in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment, the Harvey Norman IT Operations Group could be the place for you.
About the position:
The successful applicant will be working in a dynamic, responsive IT Operations environment supporting the Corporate Offices, as well as stores in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia. We run a distributed Cisco environment in our stores, with Juniper and F5 technologies resident in our Data Centres. We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our highly skilled team to help manage these environments.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
Leading by example – demonstrate excellent skills in:
o Operational change management
o Updating and maintaining network documentation
• Mentoring team members to enable superior performance
• Customer service delivery through service request fulfilment.
• Business-As-Usual initiatives including installation and upgrade of network systems
• Troubleshooting and escalation of Incident and Problem management cases for all retail store, corporate and data centre networks.
• Analysing faults raised with external vendors and recommend appropriate measures.
• Participation in project related activities.
To be successful, you will require the following skills and experience:
• Cisco CCNP Certification or equivalent
• Experience managing a Cisco WLC-based Wireless network
• Experience managing a distributed QoS-enabled network
• Familiarity with operating on Juniper devices
• A minimum 3 years experience in a larger enterprise environment
• Problem solving, analytical and investigation skills
• Technical writing and documentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated skills in time management, and building stakeholder relationships
• Juniper JNCIS Certification or equivalent
• F5 (APM, LTM , GTM & iRules) experience
• Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent.
• Experience with cloud technologies (such as Azure Private, Public & O365).
• Experience managing remote access solutions such as SSL-VPN, Juniper MAG2600 (Pulse Secure).
• Administration experience using SolarWinds NPM, NCM, IPAM and Netflow modules.
This opportunity will provide:
• Excellent career progression and development.
• Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers, and
• A supportive team environment.
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self-motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you have a high customer service focus, excellent communication skills along with the drive and enthusiasm we are looking for, submitting your application could be the next step in your IT career.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all communications to Tina Clarisse on 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or become ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now