Information Security Officer
Job no: 511673
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work with Harvey Norman at our Corporate offices located in Homebush West - just a short walk from Flemington station.
The Harvey Norman Information Security core focus is the protection of the information assets of the enterprise. We are seeking an Information Security Officer, reporting to the
Head of Information Security, to develop, build, support and monitor security controls in order to achieve the security objectives.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
• Perform information security reviews and risk assessments of projects and business initiatives in order to ensure that Security-By-Design principles are embedded in the project lifecycle.
• Provide consultation and support on the development of controls and remediation of identified issues during project and initiative implementation
• Identify, assess, and manage risks appropriately with due care during the project lifecycle.
• Evaluate the security controls of the external providers in order to ensure that adequate security controls are implemented.
• With assistance from Head of Information Security this person will be responsible for executing the Information Security improvement projects from Concept to Closure.
• Compile and conduct reporting on all objective areas.
• Support the development and implementation of security strategy and roadmap.
• Maintain vigilance and visibility of arising security risk areas and conduct activities to ensure identified risks are treated by the appropriate parties
You will have:
• Ability to inspire people at all levels of the business to implement information security recommendations by developing and fostering first class stakeholder relationship
• Sophisticated communicator with intellectual rigour and the ability to challenge and debate at the higher levels.
• Strategically and operationally orientated approach to ensure clear leadership and direction, coupled with effective implementation.
• Strong Information Security technology skills combined with risk management skills to articulate technical risks into business risks.• • Minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 3 to 5 years specialising in Information Security.
• Industry knowledge of retail is desirable with understanding of online ecommerce systems and technologies.
• A strong technical knowledge and security principles including regulatory, legislative and industry practices gained through practical experience and professional qualifications
• Sound knowledge of security frameworks such as ISO2700x, NIST etc.
• Degree qualified in Information Technology or Computer Science
• One or more Information Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SABSA)
This opportunity will provide:
• Career progression and development
• Experience working with one Australia’s leading retailers
• A supportive team environment
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you believe that this job sounds right for you, and you believe you have the skills and drive to succeed at this role, please use the Apply Now button.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all communications to Tina Clarisse on 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or become ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now