In-House Lawyer - 5-6 Years PAE
Job no: 512419
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (HNHL) is an ASX 100 company whose primary activities consist of an integrated retail, franchise, property and digital enterprise. The consolidated entity operates in eight countries across the globe, with Australia being the anchor geographical location in addition to retail operations in New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Slovenia and Croatia.
An exciting opportunity exists for a 5-6 years PAE Lawyer to join the Harvey Norman in-house legal team at its offices in Homebush West. This varied generalist role includes providing advice across a number of areas of practice including commercial contracts, consumer law, finance, regulatory compliance, privacy, intellectual property and corporate law.
Key duties will include:
- Providing high quality legal advice to Harvey Norman Holdings and its subsidiaries.
- Anticipating legal and regulatory change and issues and protect the interests of the company by ensuring compliance with laws and internal policies.
- Providing leadership, supervision and mentoring to junior team members.
- As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate exceptional communication, drafting and negotiation skills with the ability to build and maintain strong commercial relationships.
- You will demonstrate ability to multi-task and work autonomously.
- You will have a current, unrestricted NSW Practicing Certificate or eligibility to acquire one.
- You will have a minimum of 5-6 years PAE as an Australian lawyer.
- You will have experience supervising junior lawyers.
Ready to Apply?
To apply for this role, please provide a current Resume and cover letter detailing your skills, experience and professional achievements.
We recognise the importance of diversity in the workplace and embrace the value that a diverse workforce adds to an organisation, including by gender, age, ethnicity and cultural background. We believe that diversity enables us to create more value for the shareholders of HNHL, as it allows us to become more innovative, responsive, productive and competitive.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Tina Clarisse on (02) 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now