Lawyer In-House - Commercial / Contracts
Job no: 512419
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
About the Team
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (HNHL) is an ASX listed company whose primary activities consist of an integrated retail, franchise, property and digital enterprise.
The Commercial Legal team function at Harvey Norman is a small team that engages in a variety of interesting and rewarding work, in a supportive and collegiate work environment. We provide best practice legal services, specialising in commercial and contract law, to a range of business functions for subsidiaries of HNHL from our office located in Homebush West, Sydney. The areas in which we provide advice and legal services are broad and include, regulatory compliance, service and supply arrangements, advertising, sponsorships, promotions, consumer law, privacy, intellectual property, digital innovation, IT and finance.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated, experienced and high performing commercial /contract lawyer to join our team, to enable the company to meet its strategic goals and minimise risk.
Key duties will include:
- Providing high quality, timely and practical legal services, particularly, in relation to the review, drafting and negotiation of service, supply and IT contracts.
- Working cooperatively and communicate effectively with team colleagues, internal business functions, external legal providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintaining a positive outlook while providing innovative solutions to legal issues.
- Anticipate legal and regulatory change and issues and protect the interests of the company by ensuring compliance with laws and internal policies, particularly consumer and privacy laws.
- Improving team and company processes and documentation.
- Providing leadership, supervision and mentoring to junior team members.
- As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate exceptional communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, internal business functions and external stakeholders.
- You will have specialist contract experience (at least 3 years is desirable) and exposure to a broad range of commercial law matters.
- You will have a current NSW Law Society practicing certificate or eligibility to acquire one.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years PAE as an Australian lawyer.
Ready to Apply?
To apply for this role, you will need to upload as part of your application form:
- a current Resume;
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words); and
- a description of three (3) of your professional achievements within the last 5 years (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words).
We recognise the importance of diversity in the workplace and embrace the value that a diverse workforce adds to an organisation, including by gender, age, ethnicity and cultural background. We believe that diversity enables us to create more value for the shareholders of HNHL, as it allows us to become more innovative, responsive, productive and competitive.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Tina Clarisse on (02) 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now