Job no: 512641
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman. If you like to work in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment, the Harvey Norman IT (HNIT) Operations Group could be the place for you.
About the position:
We are seeking an experienced Automation Specialist to join our dynamic, responsive IT Operations team, to support the Corporate Offices, as well as stores, in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify, investigate and deliver continuous improvement opportunities across all disciplines in IT Operations by driving increased automation across the environment
- Lead the push to improve standardisation and consistency, improve reliability and availability of the systems, and reduce the time required to provision IT resources
- Instigate and manage a progressive training and cross-skilling program for operational staff in automation practices and solutions in order to remove key staff risks, and ensure consistency
- Deliver, uplift, and maintain high quality, fit for purpose, automated systems and processes relating to source control management (configurations as code), build and release, and deployment pipelines
- Champion automation within IT Operations and enthusiastically promote a DevOps culture
- Leading by example – demonstrate excellent skills in:
- Operational change management
- Creating and maintaining systems design and as-built documents
- Developing, coaching and delivering training to technical staff
- Process automation, improvement and documentation
- Assisting with the development of technology roadmaps and solution designs that align with product and technology releases and capacity requirements.
- Keeping IT Management informed regarding improvements made in automation, emerging trends, and potential opportunities.
- Participation in project related activities.
- Comprehensive and detailed technical / procedural documentation.
- Evaluation of new projects and initiatives to establish automation opportunities.
- Ensure that any automation related incidents and problems are addressed
To be successful, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role, specialising in automation and DevOps
- Experience using automation software such as Ansible, Puppet, New Relic, Saltstack, Terraform, Chef, etc.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a larger enterprise network environment
- Experience in working in an ITILv3 environment
- Specialist problem solving, analytical and investigation skills
- Advanced technical writing and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in time management, building customer relationships, as well as leading and coaching technical staff
- Expert skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent
- Industry certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, F5, VMWare, AIX)
- Technical Writing qualifications
This opportunity will provide:
- Excellent career progression and development.
- Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers, and
- A dynamic and supportive team environment.
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self-motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you have a high customer service focus, excellent communication skills along with the drive and enthusiasm we are looking for, submitting your application could be the next rewarding step in your IT career.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all communications to Tina Clarisse on 9763 6777. Please do not contact our line managers. Non-compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or become ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now