Capacity Planning Specialist
Job no: 512643
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman. If you like to work in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment, then the Harvey Norman IT (HNIT) Operations Group could be the place for you.
About the position:
We are seeking an experienced Capacity Planning Specialist to join our dynamic, responsive IT Operations team, to support the Corporate Offices, as well as stores, in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a comprehensive, holistic view of resource capacity utilisation across the IT Operations landscape, including:
- Monitor and report on current resource utilisation and growth
- Provide proactive resource capacity management
- Provide growth trend analysis
- Provide predictive analysis of future resource requirements
- Leading by example – demonstrate excellent skills in:
- Operational change management
- Creating and maintaining systems design and as-built documents
- Developing, coaching and delivering training to technical staff
- Process improvement and documentation
- Assisting with the development of technology roadmaps and solution designs that align with product and technology releases and capacity requirements.
- Ensure there is sufficient capacity to meet Service Level Targets.
- Responsibility for monitoring IT capacity levels, comparing actual levels against targets and addressing shortfalls.
- Keeping IT Management informed regarding capacity requirements, emerging trends, and potential shortfalls.
- Produce and maintain a Capacity Plan, and provide regular capacity reporting to IT Management.
- Participation in project related activities.
- Comprehensive and detailed technical / procedural documentation.
- Evaluation of new projects and initiatives to establish resourcing requirements.
- Ensure that any capacity related incidents and problems are addressed
To be successful, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role, specialising in Capacity Planning and Management
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a larger enterprise network environment
- Experience in working in an ITILv3 environment
- Specialist problem solving, analytical and investigation skills
- Advanced technical writing and documentation skills
- Expert skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in time management, building customer relationships, as well as leading and coaching technical staff
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent
- Industry certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, F5, VMWare, AIX)
- Technical Writing qualifications
This opportunity will provide:
- Excellent career progression and development.
- Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers, and
- A dynamic and supportive team environment.
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self-motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you have a high customer service focus, excellent communication skills along with the drive and enthusiasm we are looking for, submitting your application could be the next rewarding step in your IT career.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all communications to Tina Clarisse on 9763 6777. Please do not contact our line managers. Non-compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or become ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now