Assistant Financial Accountant
Job no: 512847
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited is an Australian publicly listed company that has 195 franchised complexes in Australia and 89 company-operated stores in overseas markets. With annual franchisee aggregated sales revenue in excess of $5 billion and reported revenues for the consolidated entity in excess of $3 billion, Harvey Norman enjoys an established, market-leading position as a retailer of Home and Lifestyle products.
Harvey Norman’s Corporate Office, located in Homebush West, is searching for a technically competent, enthusiastic and motivated individual to be an integral part of the Accounting team. Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager and the Financial Controller, the successful candidate should possess solid financial accounting skills with previous relevant work experience in a medium to large organisation.
The role of Assistant Financial Accountant involves:
• Assistance in the maintenance of the Movex general ledger system: creation/maintenance of general ledger divisions, accounts, departments etc.
• Maintenance of Franchisees’ details in the general ledger and the relevant information/percentages to recharge costs to franchisees in accordance with signed Franchise Agreements;
• Create and maintain standing journals and accruals for rent and outgoings charges by property site and liaise with the Property department for any new sites or changes to existing sites;
• Pay rent and outgoing costs to external landlords for any leased sites in accordance with signed lease;
• Prepare and post monthly debtor journals for rent and outgoings income from external (non-franchise) tenants;
• Prepare and post monthly motor vehicle charges including fringe benefit tax, insurance and running costs.
• Liaise with other business units to prepare cash payments and cash receipts journals;
• Review the monthly financial statements of HN Property Companies to ascertain and explain anomalies and correct errors;
• Create, maintain and review accruals for other direct and overhead expenses: e.g. telephone costs, power and light, insurance costs;
• Monitor and analyse month-end balances of accruals, prepayments and sundry debtors;
• Reconciliation of intercompany loan accounts with controlled entities, providing supporting documentation and facilitating loan repayments;
• Reconcile and maintain subsidiary’s account receivables and send out payment remainder.
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following
• A Commerce or Business Degree (or equivalent) with a major in Accounting
• Solid relevant work experience in a medium to large organisation (minimum 2-3 years)
• Commencement (or intention to commence) CPA or CA qualification
• Excellent knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Strong job ownership and self-motivation skills
• Superior IT & excel skills
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now