Office Assistant / PA to Global Financial Controller
Job no: 514987
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman’s Corporate Office, located in Homebush West, is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist and support the Accounting department This is a great opportunity for someone with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and a cheerful personality to gain experience in an office environment of a large, publicly listed Australian organisation.
In your new role you will:
- Provide assistance to the Global Financial Controller and other senior managers of the Accounting department with:
- diary management;
- answering phone calls and relaying messages;
- delivery of mail and other important documents to other departments;
- general office support to the Global FC and other senior accounting managers (tidying of office, filing, arranging folders)
- Data entry of manual journals into the Accounting general ledger system (Movex general ledger system).
- Electronic filing and electronic data storage of all journals and related supporting documentation into OnBase electronic filing system, including scanning and organisation of electronic data for easy retrieval.
- Assistance with the processing and release of ANZ Online payment requests from controlled entities, including checking of payment requests to source documentation.
- Process EFT payments for the corporate office
- Provide assistance with the EFT transition project and liaising with Suppliers to ensure that the correct documentation is received prior to activating EFT payments.
- Sort and file month-end and month-end reconciliation reports.
- Distribution of mail, documents, reports and general administration duties
- Answer phone calls and taking messages for the department.
- Keep the Accounting office neat, tidy, organised and well-stocked (accounting kitchen areas, stationery and other supplies).
- Coordination of ad hoc duties as required by the Accounting department (including events management on behalf of the Accounting department, responding to corporate emails queries on behalf of the Accounting department).
To be successful you'll need:
- Minimum education requirements: completion of secondary education (HSC or equivalent).
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Prior office / administration experience in an office environment is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent phone manner, strong job ownership and able to work autonomously.
- Well-presented and strong attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, resourceful, cheerful personality and willingness to assist and support the managers and staff of the Accounting department.
The opportunity will provide:
- On-site parking or a 10 minute walk from Flemington Station
This is a busy role and to be successful in this position, you will have thorough attention to detail, strong work ethic, and flexibility with a "can do" attitude. If you meet the above requirements, and are excited at the opportunity to join the team, click Apply Now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now