Commercial Finance Manager
Job no: 516058
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (HNHL) is a home grown, ASX listed global success story with our principal activities comprising of an integrated retail, franchise, property and digital system. There are currently 195 franchised complexes in Australia operating under the well-known Harvey Norman®, Domayne® and Joyce Mayne® brands, and 89 company-operated stores in overseas markets - with plans for further expansion. Success and positive outcomes are our mandate - our results speak for themselves!
About the Opportunity
We operate a highly successful business model that employs the best people that are driven to work hard to achieve the best outcomes. If you like to work in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment, and are looking for a leadership role in a successful Company, our Finance and Accounting Team could be the place for you.
Due to a growing portfolio of work we have an opportunity for a business focused Commercial Finance Manager/ 2IC to our Group FC to join us and share in our continued success.
As our Commercial Finance Manager you will:
- Work closely with the Group FC to prepare and draft the Annual Report, Appendix 4E, and Appendix 4D, and attend and present these with the Group FC as required at Audit Committee Meetings and meetings with other key stakeholders. Experience in the preparation of Financial Reports and the related Operating & Financial Review (OFR) commentary and other note disclosures is a must and we will request that you provide samples of your financial reports/or other sample written documents as part of the selection process.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Operating Model of the Company is adhered to and ensure all Accounting policies and procedures are in line with the model.
- Be a trusted technical expert to the Group FC, Finance Managers and Department General Managers by:
- Working with Managers on operational issues and providing accounting guidelines and recommendations;
- Providing financial analysis, commentary and modelling as required to support operational issues and/or decisions, and review/prepare NPV analysis and related business cases for business & IT-related projects;
- Ensuring continuous improvement for monthly reporting to cater to shifting business direction and focus, expansion into new or overseas markets and accounting for offshore transactions;
- Supporting General Managers in commercial aspects to assist with the setting and achievement of department budgets;
- Working with internal stakeholders to improve reporting disclosures and enhance information where required and appropriate.
- Work with the Group FC to review and update the Risk Register of the Accounting Department to ensure that financial and internal control risks are identified and the appropriate measures are in place to mitigate the risk.
- Support the Group FC and Tax & Treasury Manager in review of the tax effect accounting workpapers as at each balance date.
- Provide your expertise on the accounting treatment of certain transactions for tax purposes.
- Lead by example and play an active role in working with the Accounting team on their professional development through support and appropriate training.
To be successful you will:
- Be degree qualified in Accounting or a related discipline, and hold a CPA or CA qualification with 10+ years of post qualification experience.
- Possess expert knowledge of Company taxation principles, Australian Accounting Standards and sound knowledge of International Accounting Standards applicable to overseas controlled entities.
- Have a way with words, with proven report writing and financial analytical skills and the ability to draft the relevant commentary for the Annual Report, Appendix 4D/4E, and financial statement note disclosures, including but not limited to the Operating & Financial Review commentary. We will request that you provide samples of your financial reports/or other sample written documents as part of the selection process.
- Be an engaging, articulate presenter with the ability to inform and influence business stakeholders on accounting and reporting issues, and meaningfully present findings and recommendations to senior executives including the Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
- Have a strong commercial mindset and awareness with a business development and growth focus.
- Have proven prior experience with report writing and analysis.
- Hold advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Be ambitious, self motivated, and organised – you thrive on deadlines, and are committed to working hard to deliver work to the highest standard.
- Take your role as a leader seriously – you will have prior experience managing people and have the proven ability to lead by example, with a desire to genuinely and actively work to help develop and support our team and department.
This opportunity will provide:
- Experience working with a highly successful, diverse and unique global ASX business operation.
- A friendly, dynamic and supportive team environment that fosters growth.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits, and on-site parking or a 5-10 minute walk from Flemington train station.
- Professional development, both technically and as a leader of a large, passionate team of people.
If you are inspired and driven by the opportunity to join our highly successful team, please submit your written application for consideration.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Jessica Cremona via 9201 6345. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now