Assistant Accountant (Treasury Focused)
Job no: 521156
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (HNHL) is an Australian publicly listed company that has 195 franchised complexes in Australia and 89 company-owned or controlled operations in overseas markets. With annual franchisee aggregated sales revenue in excess of $5 billion and reported revenues for the consolidated entity in excess of $3 billion, Harvey Norman enjoys an established, market-leading position as a retailer of Home and Lifestyle products.
Harvey Norman’s Franchisor Office is searching for a technically competent, enthusiastic and motivated individual to be an integral part of the accounting team.
Your New Role
Working full time with a focus on treasury accounting, you will be liaising with directors of HNHL, bank representatives, external auditors and ABS representatives. Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Prepare daily cash flow forecasts
- Maintain the Syndicated bank funding facility
- Conduct monthly interest reconciliations (i.e. Bank & Related Party loan payments)
- Prepare monthly cash books and bank reconciliations of several entities
- Process EFT payments via ANZ Transactive platform
- Reconcile related party general ledger loan accounts on a monthly basis
- Manage Overseas Cash Advances and the reconciliation of the Petty Cash Overseas Float
- Prepare data for ABS surveys
- Report on the controlled entities foreign exchange (FX) exposures
- Assist the financial reporting team during peak reporting seasons when required
Having previous experience in an accounting function within a medium to large organisation, you will also posses:
- A Commerce or Business Degree or equivalent with a major in Accounting
- Commencement or the intention to commence CPA or CA qualification
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong job ownership and self-motivation skills
- Excellent computer skills with a high level understanding of excel
This opportunity will provide:
- Experience working with one Australia's leading retailers
- The opportunity to own and grow the role to make it your own
- A supportive team environment with the opportunity for career progression and development
Our office is based in Homebush West with on-site parking available or a 10 minute walk from Flemington Station.
If you meet the above requirements, and are excited at the opportunity to join our team, Apply Now!
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Jessica Cremona on 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now