Reporting Senior Test Analyst
Job no: 521251
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
Our Franchisor Office is seeking a Full Time Senior Test Analyst to own the SAP Business Intelligence testing stream. Our IT Team’s core focus is to deliver innovative IT solutions that enables the business to achieve its strategic goals.
Your New Role
Your primary focus will be extensive unit and system testing of all Business Intelligence Reporting utilising SAP Business Objects and BW Layers (Propagation/Architectural Data Mart/Virtualisation). Your role will also include but is not limited to:
- Ownership of reconciling the data between Source System and BW Data
- Test the data flow into SAP POS DM
- Interact with developers and BI product manager to understand and formulate reporting testing requirements
- Analyse relevant work requests and track progress through to closure
- Formulate a knowledge base for training and cross-skilling purposes
- Document test cases, plans and schedules
- Analyse and address production defects and issues
- Provide end user support as required
- Provide estimates and assist in the preparation of project plans
You are an excellent verbal and written communicator and have a solid understanding of the tables behind the different BW layers. You also posses:
- Previous hands on testing experience of SAP Business Intelligence including functional and non-functional testing
- Good understanding of data flows and various objects including Infocubes, DSO’s, transformations & data sources in SAP BW
- Previous experience utilising SAP BI BO reporting tools including WebI, Dashboards, Analysis for Office (AFO) and Bex Analyzer
- Solid understanding of reports in WebI and the logic built into queries and reports
- Ability to design and develop test plans and cases with minimal requirements and design documents
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Previous experience in Software Testing Lift Cycle and using defect management tools
- Understanding of utilising decision tables and state transition diagrams in testing
- Knowledge on using Traceability Matrix to report on testing coverage
Having an ISTQB Certification in Advanced Test Analyst is advantageous however it is not a mandatory requirement for the role.
This opportunity will provide:
- Career progression and development
- Experience working with one Australia’s leading retailers
- A supportive team environment
Our office is based in Homebush West with on-site parking available or a 10 minute walk from Flemington Station.
Harvey Norman fosters an entrepreneurial spirit so you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you believe that this job sounds right for you, and you believe you have the skills and drive to succeed at this role, ‘Apply Now’.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now