Human Resources Business Partner
Job no: 523330
Work type: Part Time, Fixed Term - Part Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman!
We are one of Australia’s favourite retailers and are seeking a passionate and driven Human Business Partner to join our team at our corporate offices located in Homebush West.
Your New Role
This role is available on a part time or full time basis with flexibility in working hours. We are seeking the right person to join our team for a minimum of 4 days / 32 hours a week. This is a fixed-term maternity relief contract for a period of up to 8 months. Hours may be worked across 4 or 5 days with flexible start/end times subject to negotiation.
You will be part of our team that provides HR & payroll services to over 1000 Franchisor Office employees & Managers, and provides our expertise to over 600 independent Franchisee companies across Australia through the provision of HR recommendations.
As part of our close-knit team, you will provide strategic and timely recommendations to our business stakeholders in relation to the management of all things people - including Award interpretation, Industrial Relations, Performance Management, Grievance Handling and Conflict Resolution, Recruitment, and Payroll. You will be responsible for the management of Proprietor and Corporate queries on a daily basis, handling escalated and complex matters, and work to proactively consult and problem solve to either implement solutions or offer recommendations best suited to their businesses.
In addition, you will contribute to HR strategies via the development and delivery various HR processes and policies, training, compliance initiatives and HR projects that support continuous improvement in our people strategies, to ensure value for our stakeholders and business.
To succeed, you will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in IR/ER or HR or equivalent Industry experience.
- Have exceptional interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills with a consultative, pragmatic approach to the delivery of HR solutions and recommendations.
- Have proven generalist experience across the diverse range of HR functions - at least 3 years experience at a HR Advisory level is essential.
- Be commercially astute with a proactive work style and genuine passion for HR and driving commercial outcomes.
- Experience working within the Retail industry, Franchised business operation or Employer Association is preferred.
This opportunity will provide:
- Experience working within a diverse, unique and successful Company that is constantly evolving and innovating.
- Exposure to a diverse range of HR functions and matters that will grow your knowledge and skills, with a real opportunity to own and drive initiatives that add value and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- A friendly, dynamic and supportive team environment.
- On-site parking or an easy 10 minutes walk from Flemington train station.
If you are inspired and driven by this opportunity in our exciting & fast paced business, please submit your written application for consideration.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Tina Clarisse. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now