Senior Test Analyst
Job no: 523723
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
Our Information Technology Department’s core focus is to deliver innovative IT solutions by delivering crucial projects to achieve the strategic goals of the business. We are seeking a Senior Test Analyst with recent hands on system integration testing experience to join our dedicated team.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Primary focus will be System’s and Integration testing of our complex integrated systems.
- Review existing test scenarios and ensure gaps are identified and updated.
- Develop test data to support the execution of test scenarios.
- Execution of test scenarios; ensure the testing execution process is in alignment to the quality conditions.
- Testing of upgrades and patches to the organisations’ integrated systems. Ensure the integration points are thoroughly tested.
- Contribute in the development of the test automation suites.
- Provide regular test status reports to the delivery team.
- Defect management using the JIRA tool.
- Raising faults and issues including logging, tracking, retesting, and updating of all faults/issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily triages with the wider delivery team members.
- Prepare Test Status Reports, with industry standard Quality Matrices.
- Formulate a knowledge base for training and cross-skilling purposes.
- Provide end user support as required.
- Provide estimates and assist in the preparation of sprint plans.
To be successful you will require the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of recent hands on system integration (API / XML) testing experience.
- 2+ years experience working in a Senior Test Analyst capacity.
- 2+ years working in automation projects, with extensive hands on experience in HP UFT, SOAPUI/POSTMAN.
- Experience in Selenium automation using Java is desirable.
- Strong hands on experience in IBM Message Broker and B2B (Business to Business) testing.
- Must be able to write complex SQL queries.
- Experience designing and developing Test Plans and Test Cases with minimal Requirements and Design documents.
- Proven experience in using industry standard Testing Techniques, including the use of decision tables and state transition diagram’s.
- Have used Traceability Matrix to report on coverage.
- Experience in using JIRA or similar Defect Management tool.
- Proven experience with Functional and Non –Functional Testing (Performance, Usability, Security, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile software development and testing environment.
- ISTQB certified Advance Technical Test Analyst or similar is preferred.
- Proven track record of a positive “Can Do” attitude is required.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of articulating the solutions in a language understandable by business users.
- Experience in documenting, coordinating and supporting User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience of coordinating with multiple teams during development cycle and production releases.
This opportunity will provide:
- Career progression and development
- Experience working with one Australia’s leading retailers
- A supportive team environment
Our office is based in Homebush West with on-site parking available or a 10 minute walk from Flemington Station.
Harvey Norman fosters an entrepreneurial spirit so you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you believe that this job sounds right for you, and you believe you have the skills and drive to succeed at this role, ‘Apply Now’.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now