Information Security Officer
Job no: 524320
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, we have been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
We are seeking an experienced Information Security Officer to join our security team, whose core focus is the protection of the information assets of the enterprise. Lead the Security Assurance function & provide security consulting services to the internal business and IT function.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Head of Information Security, you will develop, build, support and monitor security controls in order to achieve the security objectives. This involves although is not limited to:
- Perform information security reviews and risk assessments of projects and business initiatives in order to ensure that Security-By-Design principles are embedded in the project lifecycle.
- Provide consultation and support on the development of controls and remediation of identified issues during project and initiative implementation
- Identify, assess, and manage risks appropriately with due care during the project lifecycle.
- Evaluate the security controls of the external providers in order to ensure that adequate security controls are implemented.
- With assistance from Head of Information Security this person will be responsible for executing the Information Security improvement projects from Concept to Closure.
- Compile and conduct reporting on all objective areas.
- Support the development and implementation of security strategy and roadmap.
- Maintain vigilance and visibility of arising security risk areas and conduct activities to ensure identified risks are treated by the appropriate parties
Holding an Information Technology or Computer Science degree, you will have at least 3 years experience within a focused Information Security role with sounds knowledge of security frameworks such as ISO2700x. You will also have:
- The ability to inspire people at all levels of the business to implement information security recommendations by developing and fostering first class stakeholder relationship
- Sophisticated communication skills with intellectual rigour and the ability to challenge and debate at the higher levels
- Strategically and operationally orientated approach to ensure clear leadership and direction, coupled with effective implementation.
- Strong Information Security technology skills combined with risk management skills to articulate technical risks into business risks.
- Industry knowledge of retail is desirable with understanding of online ecommerce systems and technologies
- A strong technical knowledge and security principles including regulatory, legislative and industry practices gained through practical experience and professional qualifications
- One or more Information Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SABSA)
This opportunity will provide:
• Experience with a diverse, unique and successful business
• Friendly, dynamic & supportive team that fosters growth & development
• Homebush West - free parking + convenient public transport
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you believe that this job sounds right for you, and you believe you have the skills and drive to succeed at this role, please use the Apply Now button.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now