Senior Corporate Accountant
Job no: 524382
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited is an Australian publicly listed company that has 195 franchised complexes in Australia and 90 company-operated stores in overseas markets. With annual franchisee aggregated sales revenue in excess of $5 billion and offshore retail revenue over $2 billion, Harvey Norman enjoys an established, market-leading position as a franchisor and retailer of Home and Lifestyle products.
Harvey Norman’s Corporate Office, located in Homebush West, is searching for a technically competent, enthusiastic and motivated individual to be an integral part of the Financial Reporting team.
Your new role:
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, this is a technically-focused role requiring proven consolidation skills and strong knowledge of the disclosures required by large publicly-listed organisations.
The role of a Senior Corporate Accountant involves;
- Assistance in the preparation of the half-year report and annual report of Harvey Norman Holdings Limited to an external release standard
- Review new and proposed accounting standards and assess the financial and operational impact on the consolidated entity
- Prepare monthly joint ventures’ cashbooks to ensure that all joint venture transactions have been accurately and completely recorded
- Review monthly management reports of wholly-owned subsidiaries to ensure that transactions have been completely and accurately recorded and movements from prior periods appear reasonable
- Review monthly consolidated management reports of overseas company-owned operations prepared by the local management team to ensure accurate accounting treatment
- Produce timely and high quality monthly financial reports, analysis and commentary for distribution and review at monthly board meetings;
- Liaise with other business units within the corporate office to provide accounting advice and support
- Involvement in the finance transformation project and the development of the new accounting IT system
- Involvement in ad hoc analysis and projects as required by the business
You will have extensive, proven experience within a chartered environment, experience in the review of financial reports for large publicly listed clients and/or financial reporting experience within a large publicly listed organisation.
You will also have;
- An accounting degree combined with a CA qualification
- A minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong job ownership and time management skills with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines in a high pressured environment
- Proven Microsoft Excel and Word Skills (Macro level)
This opportunity will provide:
- Career progression and development in a large publicly listed company
- Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers
- A supportive and collaborative team environment
You will need to be results orientated, self motivated, and consistently perform well under pressure. If you believe that this job sounds right for you, then ‘Apply Now’.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now