Senior Systems Engineer
Job no: 525992
Work type: Contractor
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
Our Franchisor Office is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer on a fixed term contract up to 6 months, to join our experienced and motivated Server Services Team.
Your New Role
Working within a dynamic, responsive IT Operations environment supporting the Corporate Offices and stores throughout Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia, you will:
- Manage, support and maintain Windows Server environments.
- Provide a technical escalation point and direct the technical activities of the team with regards to incidents, problems, service requests and change requests, to a successful outcome.
- Assist with the development of technology roadmaps and solution designs, which align with product and technology releases.
- Analyse the faults raised with external vendors and recommend appropriate measures.
- Perform technical evaluations of new technology and products for the use in technical services.
You will possess a Microsoft MCSA,MCSE or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years experience in VMware management and support. You will also:
- Have demonstrated hands-on experience in distributed Microsoft Server environments supporting the Microsoft Suite of infrastructure products (e.g. Active Directory, Group Policy, Clustering, DNS/DHCP/DFS etc.).
- Minimum 2 years experience in Exchange 2013 management and support.
- Hands-on experience with server hardware products and peripherals (e.g. Storage, Proxies, Cloud Services, etc.).
- Understanding of Networking products & principles including Firewalls, Routing, Switching, etc.
- Advanced Scripting skills in PowerShell or similar.
- Specialist problem solving, analytical and investigation skills.
- Advanced technical writing and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in time management, building customer relationships, as well as leading and coaching technical staff, with
- Be prepared to work after-hours for occasional support
- O365 and Linux administration experience is highly desirable although not a requirement
This opportunity will provide:
- Career progression and development.
- Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers, and
- A nurturing and supportive team environment.
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self-motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you have a high customer service focus, excellent communication skills along with the drive and enthusiasm we are looking for, submitting your application could be the next step in your IT career.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all communications to Jessica Cremona on 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or become ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now