Job no: 545086
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman! We are one of Australia’s most well-known and successful national and international retailers! We are seeking a passionate full-time career Paralegal / Legal Secretary to join our Legal and Company Secretarial Team at our Corporate office located in Homebush West.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will have exposure to a broad variety of areas of law including corporate, commercial, contract, consumer, employment, finance, intellectual property, franchising, privacy and WHS. As part of your new role, you will:
- Assist Lawyers with the preparation of legal advice to the business on a wide range of matters and the preparation of differing forms of contracts, policies and letters.
- Maintain Australian and international trademark schedules.
- Generate precedent agreements.
- Manage compliance and subpoena enquiries.
- Manage legal processes and databases.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes as required.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Other administrative tasks as required.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a career paralegal/legal secretary or support officer within the legal field with at least two (2) years experience within a law firm or an in-house environment.
- Have exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Be a highly organised, hardworking, critical thinker who has the ability to learn quickly and multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Have strong communication, interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Be professionally presented, commercially astute with a proactive work style and genuine passion for law.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and experience will be highly regarded.
This opportunity will provide
- Experience working within a diverse, unique and successful Company that is constantly evolving and innovating.
- Exposure to a diverse range of areas of law, compliance functions and matters that will grow your knowledge and skills, with a real opportunity to own and drive initiatives that add value and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- A friendly, dynamic and supportive team environment.
If you are inspired by this opportunity and are looking to take the next step in your Paralegal career, please apply with an updated resume and supporting cover letter outlining why this opportunity is right for you.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we serve is our focus. In light of the risk posed by COVID-19, to enter the Workplace, employees and all others are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a valid exemption under our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy or relevant State/Territory laws). Successful applicants will be required to comply with this Policy which includes providing evidence confirming they are fully vaccinated as a condition of their employment.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now