Job no: 545113
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
Categories: Franchisor Office
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, we have been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
Our Franchisor Office based in Homebush West is seeking a Full Time Solution Architect to join our IT Architecture and Planning team. Our IT Team’s core focus is to deliver innovative IT solutions that enable the business to achieve its strategic goals.
About the role
Responsible for developing the architecture of a number of major programs of work, your tasks will include
- Create and maintain E2E architectural solutions covering application, data and infrastructure and ensuring they meet both the functional and non-functional requirements
- Work closely with delivery teams to ensure solutions are delivered as architected and resolving issues that arise
- Build and maintain key relationships with business and technical stakeholders
- Provide consultancy to business stakeholders to understand their ideas (new initiatives, enhancements, pain points), organise them and playback solutions and costs
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of business processes, strategies and systems
- Ensure solutions are compliant with security and technology standards
- Leading and contributing to the development of architectural methods, processes, standards
- Contribute to developing Harvey Norman’s architectural strategy and roadmap
With a minimum of 7 years’ experience within large scale architecture projects, you will have a passion and drive for excellence and ability to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Architecting E2E solutions covering application, data, security and infrastructure
- Integration – SOA, patterns & API’s
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies
- Very strong communications, teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to relate to, negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders.
- Pragmatic approach, focused on achieving an outcome for our business
- Strong organisational skills and able to manage competing priorities
- The ability to break a solution problem into its component parts, resolve the problem and communicate this effectively.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and approaches
- IT or business related tertiary qualification
- Consulting experience
- Experience within a large retail / FMCG business
- Experience working with cloud technology
- TOGAF Certification
What's in it for you
A career with us can provide you with:
- Experience working within a diverse, unique and successful Company that is constantly evolving and innovating
- A friendly, supportive, and flexible work environment that fosters growth and development
- Homebush West location with free on-site parking or an easy 10-minute walk from Flemington train station
- Great discounts on retail products
- Competitive salary + opportunities for salary packaging & novated leasing
- Discounts on products, services, and events with partners
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, Apply Now!
The health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we serve is our focus. In light of the risk posed by COVID-19, to enter the Workplace, employees and all others are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a valid exemption under our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy or relevant State/Territory laws). Successful applicants will be required to comply with this Policy which includes providing evidence confirming they are fully vaccinated as a condition of their employment.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now