Job no: 546776
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
Categories: Franchisor Office
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
Our Franchisor office base in Homebush West is seeking a full time Full Stack Java Developer to join our fast-paced Information Technology Team. Our IT Team’s core focus is to deliver innovative IT solutions that enable the business to achieve its strategic goals.
Your new role
Working as part of the application development team, you will develop and support our in-house built applications. You will also:
- Design, development and enhancement of projects ensuring the delivered applications meet the desired requirements and quality
- Analysis of existing processes and systems
- Maintenance of existing applications
- Adherence to standards and guidelines
Having experience in the application of software development lifecycles of both front and back end development capabilities with demonstrable experience in object-oriented design you will also have:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a Java software development environment
- Proven ability to conduct system analysis and design, estimation and to provide realistic solutions within tight deadlines and commitments
- Working knowledge and experience with/in:
- REST APIs/SOAP based Web services/JSON
- Relational Databases and design and SQL query using MS SQL or DB2
- Android development experience developing scalable applications with Kotlin and Java
- Unit Test Frameworks Java and Java Script
- Understanding of CI/CD using Bamboo/Azure Pipelines
- Linux based platform for application deployment and maintenance
- a formal IT-related tertiary qualification
- Ability to work in a team and to a deadline
- Excellent communication skills
Although not a requirement, you will be a highly desirable if you have:
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Systems software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with build and configuration management (Ant, Maven, Subversion, Git)
- Ability to work in the Atlassian suite of products. JIRA, Confluence, Crucible and Bamboo
- Knowledge in NO SQL Cassandra based application development and configuration
What's in it for you
A career with us can provide you with:
- Experience working within a diverse, unique and successful Company that is constantly evolving and innovating
- A friendly, supportive, and flexible work environment that fosters growth and development
- Homebush West location with free on-site parking or an easy 10-minute walk from Flemington train station
- Great discounts on retail products
- Competitive salary + opportunities for salary packaging & novated leasing
- Discounts on products, services, and events with partners
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you believe that this job sounds right for you, and you believe you have the skills and drive to succeed at this role, please submit your written application for consideration.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we serve is our focus. In light of the risk posed by COVID-19, to enter the Workplace, employees and all others are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a valid exemption under our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy or relevant State/Territory laws). Successful applicants will be required to comply with this Policy which includes providing evidence confirming they are fully vaccinated as a condition of their employment.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now