Data Governance Business Analyst
Job no: 557881
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
Categories: Information Technology
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
- Attractive remuneration on offer
- Join a friendly, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Experience working within a diverse, unique, and successful organisation
- Based within our Silverwater Corporate Office
As a Data Governance Business Analyst, you will be a key member within the Data & Third-Party Governance team and responsible for implementing and embedding Harvey Norman’s data management framework throughout the organisation. You will also be required to contribute to the analysis and change management activities of data governance and protection projects.
You will work closely with key stakeholders across the business such as IT, Risk and Legal and the broader teams across the organisation to establish and ensure adherence to all data governance and protection (data privacy, security, and risk) policies, standards and procedures.
Previous experience within business, technical data stakeholders and dedication to drive data governance with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a major organization, with large-scale data or business analysis and project management experience will be highly regarded.
- Conduct data risk and privacy impact assessments and provide advice on data protection to key stakeholders.
- Monitor and resolve data governance, privacy and risk related issues and support data incident response efforts as appropriate.
- Provide user education, training, and support to key stakeholders on data governance and protection policies and procedures.
- Support data governance projects by contributing to analysis and change management activities.
- Actively involving key stakeholders in decision-making processes and ensuring that feedback is obtained and incorporated as appropriate.
- Set and manage expectations with stakeholders in relation to timelines, deliverables, and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience working in large organisations with complex technology and data stacks.
- Experience working on business and technology projects.
- Experience in identifying and assessing risks and applying appropriate control and monitoring measures.
- Experience working with business and technical stakeholders
- Certifications in data management or privacy such as Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Data Governance Professional (CDGP), Certified Information Privacy Management (CIPM) or similar.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (both technical and business).
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines.
- Previous experience working in global organisations with different regulatory requirements.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavor to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now