Compliance Officer - NSW
Job no: 558071
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
Categories: Risk & Compliance
Australia’s largest lifestyle retailer, Harvey Norman delivers an unparalleled offering to Australian consumers with an extensive product range, cutting-edge technology and market leadership in key product.
- Based in NSW with travel across NSW, ACT and occasionally WA
- Attractive remuneration package on offer
- Experience working within a diverse, unique, and successful Retail Organisation
Reporting to the Franchise Compliance Manager and the Chief Internal Auditor, the successful candidate will become an integral member of the franchise compliance team for a large and successful retailer.
The role involves planning and conducting compliance audits as part of overall monitoring and evaluation under the franchise agreement, covering relevant franchise operations to ensure proper adherence to internal controls, and franchisor recommended policies and procedures.
You will report on all non-conformances in writing including to franchisor senior management is also required. As the Franchise Compliance Officer from time to time may also be required to assist in ad-hoc investigation work and other monitoring activities, The role will require you to travel within NSW, ACT and occasionally WA covering the planned stores during a calendar year audit plan.
- Basic understanding of processes in Administration / Warehouse areas are a prerequisite of the role including areas such as:
- Accounts Payable (Creditors) – e.g. expenses,
- Stock control – e.g. goods receiving, stock adjustments, stocktake review
- Accounts Receivable (Debtors) – e.g. aged debtors, bad debts, credit claims
- Sales – e.g. invoicing, discounts, pricing
- Refunds and Credits
- Cashbooks and Reconciliations – e.g. GST, bank reconciliation
- Legislative Controls e.g. licences, signage
- Health and Safety requirements and processes Payroll
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy / report writing skills.
- Previous experience or exposure to a similar position
- At least three (3) years’ experience in audit or administration, preferably in retail.
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills along with strong analytical skills.
- Current drivers’ licence.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we will be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now