Merchandise Inventory Planner
Job no: 558981
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
As one of Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether furnishing your first home or getting the latest electronic gadgets, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Based within our Homebush, 10-minute walk from Flemington station
- Experience working within a diverse, unique, and successful organisation
As a Merchandise Inventory Planner, you will work within a team that actively monitors data and market trends and works collaboratively with Merchants and Suppliers by forward planning and providing the right quantity replenishment recommendations to be in stock at the right place at the right time.
You will be a strategic problem solver and a creative analytical thinker, curious and have a great eye for detail, someone who is willing to continuously learn and excited to be a part of a large retail icon. You will also have:
- Work closely with the Merchants to identify the most effective product assortment for their category.
- Support supplier collaboration efforts aimed to optimise in-stock and inventory objectives.
- Plan and collaborate with key cross-functional partners for trade decisions to drive sales.
- Assist in inventory forecasts in conjunction with the Merchants and Suppliers.
- Work in closely with the merchant to effectively oversee and aid in managing the OTB (Open to Buy) budget.
- Conduct a weekly/ monthly reforecast to identify risks, opportunities and corrective actions required to achieve revenue targets.
- Provide timely monthly reporting analysing sales performance, identifying trends and opportunities/ risks.
- Have high attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate technical ideas
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of retail operations, large store formats and high SKU count retail
- Demonstrate an understanding of market trends/ store demands.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we will be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now