Are you a wordsmith who loves using the power of the written word to sell products and ideas to the public? If you’re able to handle multiple briefs and projects at once, can work to tight deadlines and captivate an audience with carefully crafted copy, then this is the job for you!
Located in Homebush West, GP Advertising is looking for a proactive and enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude to join its friendly team of hard-working Copywriters.
Reporting to the Copy Chief, as a Copywriter you will be responsible for researching, creating, reviewing, editing and proofing multi-channel copy for a range of publications, campaigns and communications.
On any given day you may be writing a blog about a new range of outdoor furniture, creating and reviewing social media copy, sourcing specs for new products, generating punchy headlines for a magazines campaign, proofreading and copy checking catalogue and press pages, going through terms and conditions with a fine-toothed comb and attending briefings for upcoming campaigns. You will also:
- Confidently liaising with both internal staff and business units
- Ensure that all advertising produced is compliant with internal standards and Australian Consumer Law
- Maintain and update files as required
- Make judgement calls and highlighting potential problems
- Assist with the smooth running of GP Advertising by doing other duties as required
To be considered for this role you will ideally have previous copywriting and proofreading experience in the industry, and have:
- A passion for the written word and superior writing skills
- The ability to translate creative ideas into captivating copy
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- The ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- The ability to follow procedures and work unsupervised
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team-player
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A can-do attitude when it comes to assisting other areas of the team
What's in it for you
A career with us can provide you with:
- Experience working within a diverse, unique and successful Company that is constantly evolving and innovating
- A friendly, supportive, and flexible work environment that fosters growth and development
- Homebush West location with free on-site parking or an easy 10-minute walk from Flemington train station
- Great discounts on retail products
- Competitive salary + opportunities for salary packaging & novated leasing
- Discounts on products, services, and events with partners
- Paid parental leave for eligible employee
GP Advertising is the retail advertising agency for Harvey Norman in Australia, NZ, Ireland and Singapore as well as Domayne and Joyce Mayne. Being one of the largest advertising agencies in Australia, GP produce a broad spectrum of material including catalogues, press, magazines, online, TV and radio. You’ll find a dynamic, energetic and friendly work environment where you can take your career to the next level.
Join the Team
If you’ve got what it takes to dive into this role and make it your own, then Apply Now and let us know why you’d be a good fit for the team.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we serve is our focus. In light of the risk posed by COVID-19, to enter the Workplace, employees and all others are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a valid exemption under our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy or relevant State/Territory laws). Successful applicants will be required to comply with this Policy which includes providing evidence confirming they are fully vaccinated as a condition of their employment.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.