Senior React Developer
Job no: 558854
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
Categories: Information Technology
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman® has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman® is the place where you can shop with confidence.
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity based within our Homebush West Corporate Office
- On-site parking or an easy 10-minute walk from Flemington station
- Attractive remuneration package on offer
Great opportunity for a Senior React Developer & React Developer to join our Digital Delivery functions here at Harvey Norman.
As a Senior React Developer & React Developer you will work on a highly trafficked headless storefront that is a fundamental part of our eCommerce platform which integrates with Magento 2. You will build, enhance, and maintain features across the headless Storefront (Next.js and Node/Express) whilst you work with libraries, frameworks, and tech such as React, Next.js (both pages and app), Node, Express, Apollo Server, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Extend and improve upon our eCommerce headless application using various APIs to send and receive data (ie. GraphQL, REST, etc)
- Implement third-party solutions into our eCommerce platform
- Work on converting existing Magento 2 template pages to the headless Storefront
- Work in a cross-functional Agile team, collaborating with business stakeholders, to plan and design optimal user experiences
- 5 + years’ experience in front-end development building React applications
- Hands on experience with Next.js, Express and Node, including using Node/Express as middleware
- Hands on experience in utilising APIs such as GraphQL and REST to build and extend features
- Hands on experience in converting Figma/Sketch/Photoshop designs into robust, accessible, user-friendly ecommerce interfaces
- Good understanding of web and mobile standards, responsive design, search optimisation best practices, performance, accessibility and usability considerations
- Experience with both cloud services such as Azure and container environments such as Docker would be helpful
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now