System Administrator - Linux
Job no: 553936
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
Categories: Information Technology
Harvey Norman’s Information Technology Department’s core focus is to deliver innovative IT solutions by delivering crucial projects to achieve the strategic goals of the business.
- A friendly supportive, and flexible work environment
- Attractive remuneration package on offer + Discounts on products & services
- Experience working within a diverse, unique, and successful Retail Organisation
Reporting to the Midrange & Storage Services Team Leader, you will Collaborate with the Operations, Applications and Service delivery teams, Business Groups and 3rd party vendors to provide engineering and BAU support for Linux based applications.
You will Create and perform quality control of documentation to ensure the team can provide the appropriate support and maintenance of the service. Provide and review Service Improvement plans for technical accuracy.
- Provide a technical escalation point for incidents, problem, service requests and RFC's
- Monitor the allocation of technical resources within the team to ensure availability can be estimated as required
- Perform technical evaluations of new technology and products for the use in technical services
- Assist with the development of Technology roadmaps that align with product and technology releases
- Analyse the faults raised with external vendors and make recommendations on appropriate measures
- 3+ supporting RHEL and SUSE operating system.
- Experience provisioning, configuration, management, monitoring and improvement of RHEL on both physical and virtual platforms within large-scale enterprise level environments.
- SUSE Linux & SUSE Manager experience
- Effective TCP/IP / Linux / Unix networking skills
- Experience with VMWare Virtual Server platform and tools to implement Virtualised Linux systems
- Effective scripting, e.g. bash, ksh, perl, python, scripting, etc
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills along with performance monitoring and tuning skills
Nice to have:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Satellite system management experience, with other System Automation tools
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Decision making and adaptability skills
- Sound time management and self organisational skills
- Skilled at building and maintaining customer relationships
- Ability to work in a complex environment under pressure
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we will be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now