Job no: 558863
Work type: Full Time
Location: Homebush West
As one of Australia’s largest retailers of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, Harvey Norman has been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether furnishing your first home or getting the latest electronic gadgets, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
- Career Development Opportunities to help you build your career
- Attractive remuneration package on offer + Discounts on products & services
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Based within our Homebush West HQ, 10-minute walk from Flemington station
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Assistant to provide support to the Product & Marketing team.
This is a hands-on busy role working across multiple tasks at one time, you will be a focused individual someone that thrives at being organised, have attention to detail & excellent communication skills as you will provide support across catalogues, newspaper advertisements, online, editorial proofing, promotional offers, reporting, ordering, steering committee meetings and managing product samples.
This is not your regular Marketing Assistant role, it will provide you with an in the office experience as well as store visits and at times even interstate travel, in return we will provide you with career development opportunities to build your career within the Marketing team.
- Experience in a similar role highly regarded but not essential (training provided)
- Highly organized, managing various responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience within a current administrative position and highly organised
- Excellent communication, customer service and business relationship building skills
- Advanced Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint experience is a MUST for this role as you will manipulate data and pull reports from Excel.
- Be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Great customer service skills with problem solving ability.
- Liaise with suppliers to coordinate promotional offers, samples, and compliance reports.
- Provide weekly updates and ad hoc reporting to the National Product and Business Manager.
- Maintaining the product database and online marketplace.
- Assist in preparation of product assortment plans / seasonal ranges and forecasting upcoming trends.
- Assist with organising Steering Committee and Supplier meetings as well as category conferences.
- Regular communication to stores in relation to new product launches, deletions, promotions, specials and any amendments to product data bases.
- Assist National Product & Business Manager with the preparation of marketing material: catalogues, on-line, editorial proofing as well as stylist, TV and radio briefs.
- Support all advertising with the relevant Advertising Compliance Checklist and all evidence to substantiate accuracy of information is maintained on file and available when required.
- Maintain intranet site that is the one source of documents and information (e.g. information from suppliers, weekly emails, general information and Brand Advertising).
- Communication with Suppliers and Photographers in relation to ordering of stock, delivery and collection.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we will be in touch.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now