Area Retail Compliance Officer
Job no: 500851
Work type: Full Time
Location: SA – Adelaide Metro Area, WA – Perth Metro Area, WA – Other, SA – Other, NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Discover a great place to work at Harvey Norman. We are one of Australia’s favourite and most successful retailers, and are seeking an experienced Area Retail Compliance Officer to join our compliance team.
We are looking for outgoing, motivated individuals to bring their previous shop floor retail environment experience, to help Franchise Proprietors develop a positive compliance culture. You will use your high levels of communication and influence to demonstrate best practice compliance behaviours.
Harvey Norman, Domayne and Joyce Mayne Franchised businesses operate in a complex legislative environment relating to Consumer, Competition and Privacy related legislation. The focus of this position will be to mitigate risk to brand reputation and avoid legal proceedings against Harvey Norman, Domayne and Joyce Mayne brands with regards to trade practices obligations.
In this role you will observe, interact, record and provide tools and recommendations to Franchise Proprietors and their staff about trade practices obligations in a retail shop floor environment
• Conduct regular weekly audits across specified retail outlets within your region. Specifically targeting the preparedness of each Franchise business operating within the retail complex to manage their trade practice compliance obligations
• Observe Franchise Proprietors and their staff during the sales and after sales process and provide recommendations and information on best practice compliance.
• Provide recommendations to franchise Proprietors for action plans for continued improvement in compliance areas.
• Review past performance of the Franchise business and use standard measures to make recommendations for improvements in meeting trade practice compliance obligations.
• Provide regular feedback to the Corporate Compliance Team on known issues with trade practices and compliance within your region and assist where possible contribute to developing tools to rectify these issues.
• Use systems to extract and complete reports
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence desired outcomes
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the retail industry: including shop floor roles, supplier representatives or support office
• Experience in training creation and or/delivery
• Highly developed sense of ethics and integrity
• The ability to travel locally and interstate frequently
• Valid driver’s licence with good driving record
• High level of communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven ability to work autonomously and remotely in a multisite environment
• Intermediate computer skills, Word and Excel are essential
• Strong ability to manage competing tasks to achieved desired outcomes
• Exposure to retail trade practice compliance legislation
• Previous experience as a sales representative / sales trainer / training facilitator
• Experience in audit and/or compliance in retail
If you are up for a challenge and feel this job sounds like the one for you, Apply Now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now