GST and Indirect Tax Speciailst
Job no: 503033
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (HNHL) is an Australian publicly listed company that has 192 franchised complexes in Australia and 85 company-operated stores in overseas markets.
Harvey Norman’s Corporate Office located in Homebush West is seeking a technically competent, enthusiastic and motivated GST / Indirect Tax specialist to be an integral part of the accounting team. The ideal candidate will liaise with Administration Managers of franchised complexes, external accountants and representatives from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Summary of responsibilities:
- Manage GST compliance, reporting and filing works for the HNHL tax group.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all corporate entity BAS returns.
- Ensure system or processes for GST risk management of the HNHL Group.
- Provide internal GST tax advisory services and support to HNHL controlled entities.
- Analyse and quantify the GST tax implications associated with different transaction structures for key stakeholders of a transaction.
- Liaise with tax authorities – ATO & respective state OSRs.
- Provide GST audit support for the Financial Reporting Team during reporting periods.
- Review the BAS of Joint Ventures that HNHL controlled entities are involved in.
- As a representative of the Franchisor, monitor and evaluate the compliance of franchisees with respect to franchisee BAS and payroll tax requirements.
- Managing and developing 2 staff members in the above responsibilities.
- Manage the GST/Indirect tax function by reference to the Tax Risk Management Framework of HNHL.
- Consult Financial Controller and Tax/Treasury Manager in relation to any material tax issues.
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following:
- You will be degree qualified (in accounting, commerce or other relevant business degree)
- CPA or CA qualification with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness and business development focus
- An ability to work autonomously and as a team member
- Self motivated, ambitious and organised
- Superior IT skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and Access preferred
This opportunity will provide:
- experience working with a highly successful, diverse and unique business operation
- a friendly, dynamic and supportive team environment that fosters growth and development
To be successful, you'll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated and perform well under pressure.
If you are inspired and driven by the opportunity to work join us, please submit your written application for consideration.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Tina Clarisse via 9201 6345. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now