Job no: 508281
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman’s Information Technology Department’s core focus is to provide innovative IT solutions by delivering crucial projects to achieve the strategic goals of the business.
We are seeking a DB2 Database Administrator to join a small team supporting DB2 on LUW. DB2 is used to support critical business applications in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore/Malaysia & Europe.
You will provide expert DB2 DBA services to design, develop, implement, manage, operate and support high availability infrastructure. You will have strong analytic skills to ensure the smooth running of the organisation’s core business applications.
You will contribute collaboratively to the team and appreciate the needs of the user so as to recommend and develop sound technical solutions.
Good communication skills are vital as you will be expected to build strong and effective relationships with other teams.
Key Technical Skills & Responsibilities
• Understanding of DB2 architecture
• Backup and recovery tasks and concepts
• Disaster recovery planning and execution
• Automation of database housekeeping
• Performance monitoring & tuning
• DB2 HADR and PowerHA
• Sound skills in SQL coding and KSH scripting
• Adherence to change management processes
• Documentation of all changes
• Educate users on DB2 10.5+
• Monitor and maintain the technical environment
• DB2 LUW
• 5 yrs+ DBA experience
• Degree qualified
• DB2 Certification
• Experience in mySQL & MS SQL
This opportunity will provide:
• Career progression and development
• Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers
• A friendly & supportive team environment
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you believe that this job sounds right for you and you believe you have the skills and drive to succeed at this role, please submit your written application for consideration.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Jessica Cremona 02 9763 6777. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now