Job no: 521566
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
As Australia’s largest retailer of lifestyle products, with nearly 200 stores across Australia, we have been a part of almost every Australian’s shopping experience. Whether getting the latest electronic gadgets, or furnishing your first home, Harvey Norman is the place where you can shop with confidence.
Our Franchisor Office based in Homebush West has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect to join our IT Architecture and Planning team. Our IT Team’s core focus is to deliver innovative IT solutions that enable the business to achieve its strategic goals.
About the role
Responsible for developing the architecture of a number of major programs of work, your tasks will include:
- Create and maintain E2E architectural solutions covering application, data and infrastructure and ensuring they meet both the functional and non-functional requirements
- Work closely with delivery teams to ensure solutions are delivered as architected and resolving issues that arise
- Build and maintain key relationships with business and technical stakeholders
- Provide consultancy to business stakeholders to understand their ideas (new initiatives, enhancements, pain points), organise them and playback solutions and costs
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of business processes, strategies and systems
- Ensure solutions are compliant with security and technology standards
- Leading and contributing to the development of architectural methods, processes, standards
- Contribute to developing Harvey Norman’s architectural strategy and roadmap
To be successful you will possess the following capabilities and attributes:
- A minimum of 7 years experience within large scale architecture projects
- Experience architecting E2E solutions covering application, data, security and infrastructure
- Experience with integration – Ideally ESB’s, patterns & API’s
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies
- Very strong communications, teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to relate to, negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders.
- Pragmatic approach, focused on achieving an outcome for our business
- Strong organisational skills and able to manage competing priorities
- The ability to break a solution problem into its component parts, resolve the problem and communicate this effectively.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and approaches
- IT or business related tertiary qualification
- Consulting experience
- Experience with data solutions – EDW, ETL, SAP BW, Azure
- Experience within a large retail / FMCG business
- Experience working with cloud technology
This opportunity will provide:
- Career progression and development in a large Information Technology department
- Experience working with one Australia’s leading retailers
- A supportive team environment
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you believe that this job sounds right for you, and you believe you have the skills and drive to succeed at this role, then Apply Now!
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Recruitment Agencies: Harvey Norman does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies. Agencies attempting to supply to Harvey Norman must direct all correspondence to Jessica Cremona on (02) 9201 6111. Please do not contact our line managers. Non compliance will result in your company being removed from our approved supplier list or becoming ineligible to be considered as a supplier in the future
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now