Job no: 523164
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Area
Categories: Franchisor Office
Harvey Norman is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Architect to work in a dynamic, responsive IT Architecture environment supporting the Corporate Offices, as well as stores in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia.
Join our highly skilled team to help plan, develop and transition to new environments covering the likes of cloud, mobility and new collaboration tools.
Your new role:
In this role you will support Architecture Projects, Solution Architects and Technology Operations teams to develop infrastructure designs supporting both operations and project delivery. You will also:
- Guide the effective use of infrastructure technologies in order to achieve business outcomes in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and design principles.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes
- Uphold the architectural governance principles and good implementation design for architectural deliverables.
- Develop and contribute to Solution Architecture and detailed Design documents.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Operations technical staff in developing resilient, robust and cost-effective infrastructure designs.
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure Team and suppliers to produce the Technical Design documentation to reflect the proposed solution installation and supporting services.
- Enhance the Enterprise Architecture repository through the capture and documentation of existing and new infrastructure standards, reference architectures and design patterns.
- Provide technical leadership across multiple projects involving infrastructure, including coordination with internal staff and multiple external vendors.
With a minimum of 5 years proven experience in an Infrastructure Architecture position working on large-scale and technically challenging projects you will also:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience across:
- technologies related to servers, network, storage, virtualisation, system management, security and cloud (Azure preferred)
- Cisco / Juniper / IBM server and storage systems; VMware and containerisation technologies, Cisco, F5 & Juniper networking & firewalls, Microsoft Azure cloud platforms and Office 365
- Microsoft technologies, Office 365, Exchange Online, Intune, SCCM
- public and hybrid cloud implementation / migrations
- BYOD and MDM
- orchestration and automation technologies and concepts
- developing migration strategies for re-platforming or remediating applications
- Ability to provide strong technical leadership and negotiate outcomes with technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people from technical, business and senior managerial backgrounds, including the ability to translate technical information into business language.
This opportunity will provide:
- Opportunity for career progression and development.
- Experience working with one of Australia’s leading retailers, and
- A supportive team environment.
The Harvey Norman system fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, therefore you’ll need to be customer focused, results orientated, self-motivated, and perform well under pressure.
If you have a high customer service focus, excellent communication skills along with the drive and enthusiasm we are looking for, submitting your application could be the next step in your IT career.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now